Lot’s of changes around here that I haven’t updated the general public on — the YouTube videos, the site name change to Level 60, so on and so forth. So today I plan to bring everybody up to speed! Without further ado, the top 10 changes here at (now) Level 60:
- These YouTube videos — what are they and how can I support them?
- These YouTube videos are the new direction of the company! Right now we produce two series — “What If” (currently known online as food destruction lab) where we take ridiculous questions of engineering and science and figure out what would happen if x, y, and z were to happen and “Chemistry Bites”, an instructional-ish cooking show with a focus on goofy props, food, and, of course, chemistry, that will return in a brand new format on November 9. You can join the Level 60 Community in an even moe meaningful way by becoming a sponsor and gaining access to even more of our content and helping us keep the lights on!
- Why not just use Patreon?
- First, because we plan on offering much more content than the design of Patreon would make practical, and two, because Patreon takes a cut of every donation you make. Hosting the donations on our own site gives us the largest possible percentage of each donation, which means that what you give is actually going to us.
- When I come to the site now it says Level 60 at the top. Why?
- DIY Food Guy, while a wonderful name, was ultimately not representative of our new direction. Level 60 is.
- Where did all of the recipes go?
- The ones that I posted will live here for the foreseeable future and with each chemistry bites, there are going to be two recipes released to accompany the show — so if you came here for the food, have no fear, it’s still here.
- What does being a sponsor mean?
- It means that you join the community in an extra special way! You gain access to special videos, extended cut episodes of all of our shows, access to special merchandise, special access to forums — the list goes on. All we ask is at least a dollar for every month you’re a sponsor. You’re of course welcome to donate more and will receive more in return. We need to keep the lights on here at Level 60 and that’s exactly what sponsors, more than anyone else, help us do. We’re incredibly grateful to you all our fans, and if you want to be a sponsor, you can click here.
- Will I ever be able to access sponsor content if I don’t become a sponsor?
- We’re debating this one, but the long and short of it is probably not. We’ll release a sponsor video every now and then to the general public, but the overwhelming majority will remain sponsor-only forever.
- What else can I do to help if I don’t want to become a sponsor?
- Great question! Our store is almost all the way up, and buying our merchandise is always a great way to help us out. You can also join the forums and participate in all that we offer to fans who may not yet be sponsors! You can also make a one-time contribution on our YouTube channel page.
- What are the plans for the future of the company?
- We’re working on a lot of additional video content. We’ll release information as it becomes available and makes sense to do so, but we plan on adding many series to what we do and making this page the home for you, our fanbase!
Leave a Reply